- Applying for a passport for the first time at the Consulate is subject to prior consular registration;
- The applicant must be present at the consulate when submiting the application and collecting the passport (applications made by post are no longer accepted and the passport can't be sent by mail);
- As the biometric passport is issued in Algiers, the consulate cannot give a processing time;
- When the biometric passport is ready for collection, the holder is either called or receive a text message (Please, inform the consulate when you have changed your phone number);
- Applications for the renewal of passport can be made 6 months before its expiry date;
- Regardless the expiry date of the current passport, applications for renewal can be made if the passport does not contain any plain (Blank) pages or holding an ordinary passport (old model);
- The Consulate has no express service to process applications, therfore, we advise our citizens not to buy a ticket until the passport is issued;
- Applications for early renewal of passport when applying for a long validity foreign visa (Shengen Visa for example) cannot be considered;
- Please use the application reference number (7 digits) shown on your acknowledgment receipt to track your application;
- As we don't make copies at all and we don't accept the file without copies, please provide copies of all original documents;
- The photo taken at the consulate is the one that will be put on the biometric passport.
Please provide the following documents when applying for biometric passport :
Lost, Stolen or Damaged Passport:
- The expired passport;
- The form
duly filled and signed by the applicant or by the legal guardian for minors;
- The original applicant's special extract of the birth certificate "12S"
- A copy of the blood type card;
- The valid consular registration card;
- The original + copy of proof of legal residence in the United Kingdom or in Ireland;
- The work certificate or certificate of enrolment for students or school children;
- Four (04) colour, digital, new and identical passport size (3,5x4,5 cm) photos (Please write the name and surname at the back);
- Payment of the passport fees (£18 payable by cash only when applying for the passport);
- A copy of a proof of address (any utility bill);
- The citizen must first obtain an appointment by calling the Consulate on the phone number (+44) 020 7594 0157 exclusively dedicated to this purpose (Tuesday to saturday from 09 am to 04 pm).
If a passport is lost, damaged or stolen, you must report it immediately at your local police station and to the Algerian Consulate, where you can apply for a new passport.
The replacement passport is issued after cancellation of the lost, damaged or stolen one. This process can take several months.
In addition to the documents listed above, Please provide:
Passport for Kids:
- Lost property form issued by your local police station;
- If the passport is lost or stolen, you must include in your application the declaration of loss or theft.
- Payment of additional fee of £18 as a penalty (to be paid cash or by postal order). A stamped receipt is issued to the applicant to confirm the payment of this tax;
- Letter explaining in detail how the passport has been damaged.
A minor is entitled to an individual passport at any age and is no longer permitted to add his photo on his parent passport.
In addition to the documents listed above, the issuing of a passport to a minor is subject to a written Parental authorisation by the father or by the legal guardian who must be present at the consulate to sign the document in the presence of the officer in charge.
Please, be advised that children's birth must be registered with the civil status section (service de l'état civil) of the Consulate prior to the issuance of the passport.
Furthermore, the Consulate recalls that Algerian law imposes that the birth of a child must be declared to and registered with the Consulate within 10 days.
Please provide the following documents when applying for an ID card (the applicant should be registered at the Consulate):
1. Application form
2. Three (03 similar) similar and recent passport-sized photographs ((please write the name and surname at the back)
3. Previous Identity Card
4. Consular registration card (must be valid)
5. Fees: £1
1. Identity Cards are valid for 10 years from the date of issue
2. The presence of the applicant at the consulate for collection of ID Card is required.
1. Please be advised that uncompleted applications will be returned to the sender (if made by mail) or not accepted if lodged at the consulate.
2. Send a letter with your applications to explain what you want or to which section you are sending your document
3. Write your name at the back of the postal order
4. the postal order should be made payable to the ALGERIAN CONSULATE.