Please take note of the following general information:
- The Consulate of Algeria in London performs transcription of birth for children born in the UK and Ireland only, if your child is born in another country than the UK or Ireland, the registration must be made at the Algerian Embassy or Consulate in the country where the child is born;
- The birth of an Algerian child must be registered at the Algerian Consulate as soon as you get the british or irish birth certificate from the register office;
- Please be advised that it is in the citizen's interest not to delay the application for the registration of one's and/or kid's birth.
- Please note also that it is in the citizen's interest to provide all the documents listed bellow (see required documents section);
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted and those sent by mail will be ignored or returned to the sender;
- Applications sent by post should include a copy of the valid consular registration card signed by the holder and a prepaid self addressed special or recorded delivery envelop for the return of the documents. The citizens residing in Ireland must include a postal order of ÂŁ8 (in Pound only, cheques are not accepted) for the mailing fees for the return of the documents. All postal orders must be made payable to the Algerian Consulate. Please write your name at the back of the postal order. Do not send money by post.
- Citizens who are not registered at the Consulate can apply for the registration of birth for their children, the applicant must be in possession of a proof of his/her Algerian nationality and identity. In this regards, the only documents accepted are: the Algerian passport, the National Card of Algerian Identity (CNIA) or the Military Card with a photo, the applicant must also fill an application form for non registered national and provide two (02) recent passport size photos with the name at the back;
- It is worth to recall that applications for the registration of birth be lodged mornings only from 9 am to 12 noon (Tuesday to Saturday);
- Priority is given to applications for registration of births lodged in the same year of birth of the child;
- The process of birth registration depends on the number of applications and it may take more than a month.
- Before applying for a passport for your kid(s), please make sure that your child is already registered at the Civil Status Office of the Consulate in London or in another relevant Algerian Embassy or Consulate if the kid is born outside the UK or Ireland. In this case, please provide the Algerian family book or the birth certificate issued by the relevant Algerian Embassy or Consulate where the birth of your child is registered when applying for a passport.
- The application form, to be filled in arabic, dated and signed by the applicant;
- The original and a copy of the full British or Irish birth certificate of the infant (short certificates are not accepted);
- The family book, if you have one;
- A copy of the applicant's consular registration card for those registred in the consulate;
- Applicant's proof of Algerian nationality and identity (should be the Algerian passport, the National identity Card (CNI) or the Military Card with a photo) for non registered citizens.The applicant must also fill an application form for non registered national and provide two (02) recent passport size photos with the name at the back.