- The applicant should be registered at the Consulate;
- The presence of the applicant at the consulate when submitting the application or when collecting the ID card is required for the fingerprints.
Please provide the following documents when applying for an ID card:
- The application form duly filled and signed by the applicant;
- Three (03) similar and recent passport-sized photographs (please write the name and surname at the back);
- Previous Identity Card (if the ID card is lost or stolen, you must include in your application the declaration of loss or theft);
- Consular registration card (must be valid);
- Original and a copy of proof of legal residence in the UK or Ireland (leave to remain, student visa, work permit visa, British or Irish passport. For those holding other european passport, please provide the blue card from the home office);
- Identity Cards are valid for 10 years from the date of issue;
- Identity cards are free of charge.