Travel document (Laissez-Passer):
- The Laissez-passer is a travel document issued in exceptional cases to enable the beneficiary to go back to Algeria. It cannot be used as an identity document.
- The Laissez-passer has a very limited validity and should only be used to enter Algeria on a direct flight.
- The laissez-passer is issued to an Algerian citizen not registered at the Consulate who has declared the loss or the theft of his passport and who intends to return to Algeria as soon as possible.
To apply for a Laissez-passer please provide the following documents:
- Application form duly filled and signed;
- Declaration of loss of passport;
- Proof of Algerian nationality (original Algerian passport, national identity card, military card with photograph). Driving license and birth certificate are not acceptable as they don't constitute an evidence of nationality;
- Four (04) recent photographs;
- Travel ticket;
1. In case the Applicant is unable to provide any of the documents mentioned above :
- A certified copy of any of these documents will be required;
- Declaration of two Algerian Nationals (click here to download a copy) registered at the Consulate, to confirm the Algerian nationality of the applicant.
2. Laissez-passer applications for a voluntary return should be made at least five (5) working days before the date of travel.