If you are planning to leave the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland for good, then you may wish to apply for a certificate of change of residency (Certificat de Changement de Residence) or abridged CCR.
The CCR has been established in order to enable Algerian expatriates planning to return home for good, to take back their personal belongings, including a new car, without paying custom duties and other taxes. Personal belongings include the whole family personal effects (clothing, books, toys, electronic devices, tools...), furniture (bedrooms, mattresses, sofa beds, kitchen appliances, entertainment devices ...).
For the purpose of terminating residency in the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland, the applicant must meet the following conditions:
1 - Applicant must be registered at the consulate since three (03) years minimum;
2 - Applicant must provide documents which show three (03) years of legal and uninterrupted residence in the UK or in the Republic of Ireland.
3 - The presence of the applicant at the Consulate is compulsory for lodging his application and collecting the document.
4 - Applicant must not have benefited already from a transfer of residency.
The CCR is granted once only to the Head of the family (spouse and minor under 19 years are not entitled to this). It is valid for six (06) months from the date of issuance and cannot be extended without the approval of Algerian Customs (Direction Générale des Douanes).
Declared items on the inventory list should under no circumstances be amended. The addition of other items may result in the cancellation of the CCR by Algerian Customs.
Total value of the CCR:
The total amount of the value of the personal belongings, including a new car, allowed on the occasion of a transfer of residency (CCR) has been increased by the Finance Law for 2013 (read Article 31 of the law Nº 12-12 dated 26 December 2012 published in the Official Gazette Nº 72 dated 30 December 2012). Hence, the total value must not exceed the following amounts:
- Two million Algerian Dinars (2 000 000 dzd ≈ £15 370) for the students and the trainees.
- Three million Algerian Dinars (3 000 000 dzd ≈ £23 050) for the other citizens.
- A new vehicle (voiture touristique) and whose engine size must not exceed 2000 cm3 (for Petrol model) or 2500 cm3 (for Diesel model).
- Or a new Light Commercial Vehicle (véhicule utilitaire neuf) whose total weight (Poids total en charge) must not exceed 5.950 tons.
- Or a two wheel vehicle subject to registration (Motor Bike).
Note: Please note that a 25% tax is imposed on vehicles of which the capacity is between 1800 cm³ and 2100 cm3 (for Petrol models) and between 2100 cm³ and 2500 cm³ (for Diesel models).
CCR Consular fees:
- The beneficiary of the CCR must pay stamp duties, the amount of which is calculated on the basis of the total amount of the inventory provided with the file.
- The copies of the required documents, the inventory as well as the declaration on honour must be legalized at the Consulate (£ 0.40 each).
The issuance of the CCR leads systematically to the cancellation (Radiation) of the applicant's consular registration. To seek re-registration, applicant must wait six (06) months and must provide a first registration file.
For the purpose of terminating residency in the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland, please provide the following documents:
1 - CCR application form;
2 - Inventory of personal belongings;
3 - Original of the consular registration card + two (02) copies;
4 - Algerian passport + two (02) copies of pages 1, 2 and 3;
5 - Original copies of Proof of residency in the UK or in Ireland (Home office visa endorsement, British, Irish or European Economic Area passport) + two (02) copies;
6 - Vehicle registration documents, issued under the name of the applicant + two (02) copies.
7 - Original invoice for the car + two (02) copies;
8 - Proof of activity or enrolment certificate for students or trainees;
Lodging and collection:
The applicant must be present when lodging application and when collecting the ccr;
Lodging: From Tuesday to Saturday, 9am to 3pm;
Processing time: 7 to 10 days after lodging date.
- Any excess of the amount authorized shall be subject to payment of duties and taxes;
- Recreational and fishing boats , pleasure crafts, zodiac boats are not allowed under CCR and cannot be added to the CCR Inventory. Applicants assume full and entire responsibility in this regards
- Since July 1st, 2007, Power of Attorney or Proxy (Procuration) issued in the context of a CCR is no more valid.The Algerian Customs remind that the presence of the holder of the CCR is compulsory to carry out customs procedures . Embassies and Consulates are not allowed to issue any Power of Attorney to be issued in this context.