Algerian Nationals registered with the Consulate General in London can apply for adoption of an Algerian minor (Kafala or “Recueil Legal” are the terms used for in the Algerian Legislation).
The Application file must be lodged at the Algerian Consulate in London to be forwarded to the Ministry of National Solidarity, Family, and Woman`s Conditions.
The Agreement for Kafala is given by a National Commission of the Ministry on the basis of the applicant's personal, social and professional profile and the results of the social investigation carried out by the Consulate General.
Applicants should obtain the official agreement of their British Local Authorities before submitting their application file to the Algerian Consulate.
1. Be of Muslim faith;
2. Have a decent home;
3. Not exceed the age of 60 (for a man) and 55 years old (for a woman);
4. Have a minimum income of £700 after deduction of all charges.
1. Letter of motivation from the applicant(s);
2. Copy of the Consular Registration card of the applicant(s);
3. Birth certificate (s) of the applicant(s);
4. Police clearance or Criminal Record (Casier Judiciaire) of the applicant (s) issued by British or Irish authorities;
5. Employment certificate and last three (03) Payslips of the applicant(s);
6. Accommodation evidence (tenancy agreement, rent receipt…);
7. Medical certificate (s) of good health of the applicant(s).
Nb. In the case of kafala of an Algerian minor of known paternity, an agreement between the adopting party (kafil) and the minor`s family will be concluded before the court, without resorting to the intervention of the Consulate General.