Algerian Nationals registered at the Consulate in London can apply to adopt an Algerian infant (Kafala or Recueil Legal are the words used for in the Algerian Legislation).
The Application file must be lodged at the Algerian Consulate in London to be forwarded to the Ministry of Employment and National Solidarity.
The Agreement for Kafala is given by a National Commission on the basis of the applicant's personal, social and professional profile and the results of the social investigation carried out by the Consulate.
Applicants should obtain the official agreement of their British Local Authorities before submitting their application file to the Algerian Consulate.
1. Be of Muslim faith;
2. Have a decent home;
3. Not exceed the age of 60 (for a man) and 55 years old (for a woman);
4. Have a minimum income of ÂŁ700 after deduction of all charges.
1. Letter of motivation from the applicant(s);
2. Copy of the Consular Registration card of the applicant(s);
3. Birth certificate (s) of the applicant(s);
4. Police clearance or Criminal Record (Casier Judiciaire) of the applicant (s) issued by British or Irish authorities;
5. Employment certificate and last three (03) Payslips of the applicant(s);
6. Accommodation evidence (tenancy agreement, rent receiptâ€¦);
7. Medical certificate (s) of good health of the applicant(s).