What is it?
It is an extract of birth certificate, issued once in a lifetime, on a special and secured paper, this document is compulsory for the issuance of the biometric passport.
Where/how can I get it?
You can get it from:
- The Town Hall of your place of birth if you are born in Algeria;
- Online through a website made available to them by the Ministry of the Interior and Local Authorities : http://demande12s.interieur.gov.dz (read more how to apply online for 12s);
- by proxy (procuration) to someone in Algeria to get it for you, the proxy must be done at the consulate;
- The Consulate of Algeria in London if you are born in the United Kingdom and your birth has been registered at the Consulate;
- The Civil Status Office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Algiers if you are born abroad and residing in Algeria, provided that your birth has been registered at the embassy or consulate territorially competent.
Note: Please note that an algerian ID (Consular registration card, passport or national identity card) is mandatory for the issuance of the 12s.